Every commercial business has its packing needs at certain times. The use of packing crates will come to mind for the purpose of convenience and ease of transport. There are even businesses that frequently use packing containers especially crates in the transport of their products. They include industry sectors such as Removals and Storage, Distribution, Food, Retail, Logistics, Manufacturing, Automotive, Pharmaceuticals and the Local Government.
Today, there are crate rental companies that engage in commercial crate hire. They offer a wide range of crates to choose from that are available for rent. Also, such crates can also be for sale whenever the business opts for it. There are other packing materials that can be used for their intended purpose. There are bakery trays, food pallet boxes and collapsible containers that will suit various uses.
This type of crate is the most commonly used. History has it that before plastic gained its widespread use, crates made of wood and metal were the dominant types. Today, plastic crates are made durable to withstand rigorous moving. When empty, each type is designed to shell one crate inside. When filled, the crates are stackable. When they are equipped with integral lids, normally they are shower proof.
Tips for Using Crates
- · Renting or owning crates for packing or moving entails responsibility for their use. This section provides some tips when using the plastic crates.
- · When they are filled, the lids on the crates must be completely shut. Security seals can be ordered along with the crate for a more secured transport. Any other type of tape must not be used when sealing the crate. Also, the use of mailing labels and the sticking of pieces of paper on the crates are not allowed.
- · Use the appropriate type of crate for the specific product to be transported. For example, if computer items are to be packed, then a computer crate must be used.
- · Have enough space to stack the crates. Fill one empty crate at a time when stacking and it is recommended to stack up to 4 crates only.
- · Refrain from overfilling the crates. If the lid cannot be properly shut because the crate is already full, then use another empty crate to fill. It is impossible to stack overfilled crates and there is a great chance that items placed inside can be crushed. The recommended weight for each filled crate is only 25 kilograms.
- · Boxed stationery must be left outside the crates considering that they will be placed into cages.
- · Filing cabinets are generally moved full so they are not to be emptied, unless otherwise advised by a representative.
- · When moving delicate items, they must be secured with paper or even bubble wrap. The crate must then be marked as fragile.
- · To prevent scratching the top of desks, crates must never be placed on them.
- · Building materials like concrete must not be moved via crates.
A pallet is a flat structure for transport. It supports goods by providing stability while they are being air lifted by a jacking device such as a forklift, front loader or pallet jack. It is also the structural foundation that permits the handling and storage efficiency of a specific unit load.
Before shipment or land transport, the goods that are put on a pallet are secured with shrink wrap, stretch wrap or strapping. Heavy stacks can be easily moved with the use of pallets. They can be hauled either by a forklift truck or front loader. Also, they can be hand drawn with pallet jacks.
Passage of goods through doorways and buildings is possible with a small pallet designed for such purpose. Large pallets used for loading and unloading heavier stuff are also available. There are pallet suppliers that provide businesses with reusable pallets equipped with vital tracking devices. Some pallet management companies also offer to supply and maintain pallets at reasonable rates. Commercial businesses often need to transport their products. They either buy or rent packing crates, depending on their business options.
Today, there are efficient and reliable companies that engage in commercial crate hire. They also offer other packing materials like bread trays, food pallet boxes, other types of pallets and collapsible containers for easy and efficient transport of goods.